Click on the .pdf document button to open up the Diaconal Information Brochure. This brochure is the official information document containing what you need to learn more about the Diaconal Formation Program for the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia.
Diaconal Program Information and Application
If you are interested in applying for the Diaconal Program for the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia, we are accepting applications at this time. Please complete the following information box and indicate that you are interested in applying for consideration as a Deacon in the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia. Please bear in mind that you need to meet the initial application requirements before applying to the Diaconal formation program which are:
1. Candidates must be under the age of 55 years old (all ordination requirements need to be completed before the candidate reaches 60 years of age).
2. Candidates must be active members of a Ukrainian Catholic parish within the Archeparchy of Philadelphia for a minimum of 5 years, and should also be canonically ascribed as Ukrainian Catholic before application.
3. Candidates must be willing to undergo a psychological examination and criminal background check as part of the application process.
4. Candidates should have a minimum ability to read the Ukrainian language for liturgical use.
5. It is recommended that candidates possess a bachelor's degree or higher prior to commencing formation.
Candidates are encouraged to email the Diaconal Formation Office directly by using the application form below; it is a policy of the Diaconal Formation Office to NOT send application forms to the candidate's pastor or parish. Pastors are asked to have their candidates contact the Diaconal Formation Office directly and not on behalf of their candidate. If you cannot contact the Diaconal Formation Office, you may send a letter requesting an application form for the diaconal formation program to:
Very Rev. Archpriest John Fields
Director of Diaconal Formation
827 North Franklin Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123